At Covance your imagination, your dedication, and your drive to find solutions to
challenging projects begin on your very first day. Covance is one of the world's largest and
most respected contract research organizations. Our clients are a Who's Who of the
pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
Due to our continuous growth, we are looking for an experienced
based at our Porcheville site, France
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the microscopic evaluation and interpretation of tissue sections from animals exposed to test materials and correlate these findings with necropsy, organ weight and clinical pathology findings.
- Author comprehensive pathology narrative reports of microscopic, gross, and clinical pathology findings, while meeting report deadlines.
- Provide pathology support in the interpretation of chemical or drug-related toxicology findings in safety studies.
- Supervise necropsies (typically at client's request) and provide scientific guidance to necropsy technicians to ensure accuracy and compliance with protocols and SOP's.
- Communicate the significance of pathologic findings to study directors, clients and other individuals.
- Serve as project leader for key clients, providing the principal contact point in pathology for the client. This would involve coordinating the work of several pathologists, interacting with Covance and client program managers, client pathologists, assuring client needs are communicated to pathologists involved in specific studies and assuring the client needs are met by the individual pathologists.
- Provide Pathology Service for studies performed at other Covance sites
- Ensure close interaction, collaboration and communication with internal Global and European Pathology Organisation
- Provide scientific expertise to clients in a specialized area of pathology (eg. immunohistochemistry, ocular pathology, neuropathology or others.)
- In collaboration with management, lead or participate in projects to develop new or improved services or technologies.
- Serve as a coach or trainer to junior pathologists
- Conduct formal and informal peer reviews
- Participate in histopathology consultations and peer reviews with other pathologists.
- Attend pre-initiation and/or pre-necropsy meetings.
- Provide diagnostic support to the Department of Laboratory Animal Medicine in their disease surveillance programs.
- Participate in process improvement projects.
- Attend scientific meetings and continuing education seminars.
- Author scientific manuscripts and give presentations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- DVM/Dr.med.vet degree or equivalent.
- Formal pathology residency or graduate studies (i.e. MS, PhD) at an institution in which the training of veterinary pathologists is a primary function.
- Board certified by the European or American College of Veterinary Pathologists. Alternatively, more than 15 years experience in toxicologic pathology with a European regional certification in Veterinary Pathology or Toxicologic Pathology.
- ECVP/ACVP certification (or equivalent) and at least 10 years experience in toxicologic pathology
- At least 5 years relevant experience in pharmaceutical drug development industry (desirable).
- Stature and expertise to serve as core pathologist for key clients.
- Ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with pathology electronic data capture and reporting systems.
- Ability to conduct necropsies and recognize, describe, and interpret findings at necropsy.
- Ability to provide scientific guidance and feedback to histology technicians to correct artifacts and prevent reoccurrence of technical problems, and to ensure accuracy and compliance with protocols, SOP's and client expectations of quality histotechnology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English and French(both verbal and in writing)
- Limited travel within EU and to USA to Covance sites, conferences and client visits.
Here, you can make a difference, not only by helping to deliver life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to people around the world, but also by helping us become a great company - onethat delights our clients with the broadest and best service portfolio in our industry, energizes our people with a stimulating environment and growth opportunities, and rewards our investors with outstanding returns.
If you love the intellectual challenge of working in a fast-paced, results-driven organization, there is a home for you at Covance. There is no better time to join us!
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Please apply online via our homepage www.covancecareers.com – Reference 37072
or contact directly
Director Pathology Europe
Tel: +33 (0)1 34 79 51 34
Cell: +33 (0) 6 22 16 58 87
Education/Qualifications - PhD in a Safety/Toxicology area; Doctor in Pharmacy or equivalent
- Experience may be substituted for education.
- Ability to utilize word processing software, database, spreadsheet, and specialized software
Experience 8-10 years of related work experience including a minimum of 3 year in laboratory management
EEO Employer to be followed