Covance is currently seeking a Genomics Project Manager for the Seattle, WA site.
As a Project Manager you will:
- Responsible for the conduct and reporting of basic projects to meet scientific, regulatory and client requirements.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects where multi-dimensional project management and scientific understanding is required. (In general, basic studies are those of less complex design and scope)
- Provide day-to-day project management oversight; effectively planning, coordinating and directing project related activities as the move through the Gene Expression Lab (GEL) under the mentorship and guidance of management to develop general expertise in the field.
- Consult with appropriate scientific staff on issues as they arise.
- Promote effective teamwork among project team members within Covance departments and resolve conflicts as needed.
- Follow established study execution procedures.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Act efficiently in an environment with dynamic timelines and priorities and demonstrate the ability to manage conflicting priorities and make timely decisions.
- Prepare and communicate feasibility/development/validationplans and/or sample analysis outlines as required to clients for approval.
- Provide on-time delivery of high quality data and reports.
- Ensure that all client expectations are documented and acted upon in compliance with regulatory requirements where applicable.
- Ensure that applicable regulatory requirements are met during the planning and execution phases of a study and that the final report, including any changes, is approved and in compliance with appropriate SOPs and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Work with cross-functional teams to coordinate/track deliverables, timelines and resource requirements.
- Maintain positive control over scheduling issues related to the study process.
- Lead and manage processes in other areas, such as process excellence and invoicing, working with other Covance business units as needed.
- Provide relevant information to assure accuracy of forecast and revenue recognition.
- Supply information to assist in preliminary cost and duration discussions.
- Participates in post project assessments by providing input on team performance.
- Establish excellent working relationships with client project teams to ensure client satisfaction and operations excellence.
- Act as an ambassador on behalf of the client across Covance business units: exemplify the concept of Signature Client Service.
- Maintain a close working relationship with clients by holding or participating in regular group meetings. Lead and facilitate client project status meetings with responsibilities including agenda preparation, develop project tracking worksheets, prepare meeting summaries, etc.
- Communicate standard and non-conforming QC data to the client and facilitate resolution of QC-related issues.
- Responsible for basic interaction with clients. Learn to manage client relationships.
- Participate in, and may host, client visits. Participate in CAIR discussions.
- Evaluate data for report preparation as applicable and write basic reports. Review technical validity of results with help from more experienced scientists.
- If acting as a PI, contributing scientist or analytical project manager, consult with Study Director (pre-clinical) or Principle Investigator (clinical) to determine project requirements.
- Suggest and/or guide plans to accomplish these requirements.
- Discuss project issues or scope changes with the Study Director or Clinical PI, suggest solutions and action to solve study issues, manage the impact on time and cost, review protocol changes and communicate the status of changes to client and management as necessary.
- Initiate, review and approve (as appropriate) study plan deviations and study communication forms.
- Monitor/evaluate/review the scientific performance of the study.
- Provide clients with regular progress updates.
- Contribute to technical policies, such as SOPs.
- Bachelors of Science (BS) degree in science required (preferably biology or molecular biology).
- Masters of Science (MS) degree desired.
- Experience may be substituted for education.
- Knowledge of GLP/GCP and regulatory guidelines.
Proficiency in project management skills.
- Ability to conduct literature review.
- Skilled in data interpretation and report writing for studies.
- 2-4 years related experience in a laboratory environment.
EEO Employer Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.